Weighing in at less than 5 ounces, the My Passport Studio portable drives make it easy to securely carry office files, thousandsof songs, videos or photos and back up a Macintosh(R) laptop using Apple Time Machine(TM) backup software utility. With an elegant silver metallic finish that perfectly complements other Mac products, these portable drives feature a shock-resistant enclosure to provide protection from the bumps and jars of everyday life on-the-go. Ultra portable, these drives are USB-bus powered which eliminates the need for an external power adapter.
"We designed the My Passport Studio portable drives to work seamlessly with Apple's Time Machine, making this drive an ideal storage solution for creative pros on-the-go who require high performance storage to back up and carry their massive amounts of digital content," said Jim Welsh, vice president and general manager of WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "This sleek personal storage device with a faster FireWire interface and Mac-formatting is exactly the storage solution our Mac customers have been clamoring for ever since we introduced the first WD Passport portable USB drive."
Unique features of the new My Passport Studio portable drives include the following:
WD's My Passport Studio portable drives are available now at select retail stores and from WD's online store. MSRP for the My Passport Studio portable drive with 250 GB capacity is $159.99 USD and 320 GB is $219.99 USD.
- formatted HFS+, Journaled for Mac compatibility;
- FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 interfaces;
- capacity gauge that enables users to know at-a-glance how much space is available;
- works with Apple Time Machine backup feature included in Apple's Leopard(R) operating system;
- USB powered;
- industry-leading 5-year limited warranty; and,
- elegant silver metallic finish that perfectly complements other Mac products.