"We have had many requests for these particular high definition video and Blu-ray upgrades and we are pleased to now offer them to our customers," stated Kimi Matsuki, TMPG Inc. CEO. "As always, we will continue to keep TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress relevant and up to date with support for the latest formats for our customers." Following are the new input/output features for the TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress upgrade:
- AVCHD Format - Input Support: This is a feature that has been heavily requested by TMPGEnc users. AVCHD is a HD tapeless video format used in many of today's HD camcorders (such as Sony, Panasonic, and Canon). With AVCHD input support, TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress users can now cut-edit, apply filters and convert AVCHD footage into a video format of choice.
- HD MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 - Output Support: Users can now output video in the MPEG-4 AVC format at high definition. This will allow users to take advantage of the format's high compression rates at high definition resolutions.
- Embedded MPEG-4 Video Input Support: MPEG-4 video input support is now embedded into TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress without the help of QuickTime.
- AAC Audio Input Support in MPEG-2 Transport Stream: The popular AAC audio format can now be used as an audio source in MPEG-2 transport streams.
- Blu-ray BDAV/BDMV MPEG-2 Output Template: Users can now output to the increasingly popular Blu-ray video format.
- TMPG now offers AVI color space settings for each DirectShow codec