Podcasting, a form of communication popularized by Apple's iPod and former MTV video jockey Adam Curry, is a method for distributing audio recordings and radio programs to a near limitless audience over the Internet. The SoundTech Podcasting Kit's streamlined design and ease of use allows anyone to quickly and easily produce their own radio program, promote a favorite band or update listeners or group members on the latest news.
The included LightSnake Intelligent XLR Microphone Cable plugs directly into the PC USB port, dramatically reducing the complexity and clutter traditionally associated with digital recording. The LightSnake features SoundTech's patented "Live when Lit" technology cable ends that glow and flash indicating when sound is being transmitted.
The SoundTech Podcasting Kit's Sony Acid XMC recording software allows customers to easily record and edit Podcasts. The included 1-year subscription to Sony Acidplanet Prozone provides Podcast hosting so anyone can subscribe and listen to the Podcast.
SoundTech Podcasting Kit Features include the following:
* Easily create, upload and broadcast Podcasts
* Patented "Live when Lit" technology cable ends light up indicating when sound is being transmitted
* Digital quality sound input without the need for a sound card
* Embedded A/D chip technology with audio signal boost eliminates the need for additional signal conversion devices
* Simple USB plug-and-play connectivity
SoundTech Podcasting Kit includes the following:
* LightSnake XLR Intelligent Microphone Cable
* High-quality dynamic microphone
* Tripod desk stand with microphone clip
* Sony Media Software Acid XMC recording software
* 1-year subscription to Acidplanet's Prozone
The SoundTech LightSnake Podcasting Kit will be available online at Amazon.com, FullCompass.com and at other major music retail outlets in Q1 2007 with a suggested retail price of $149.99. For more information on retail availability, visit http://www.SoundTech.com.