Designed to work with any authored DVD title, eDVD 4 allows content producers to add links from DVD menu buttons or chapter points to a wide assortment of content that is accessible during computer playback. eDVD -enabled DVDs let viewers launch Web pages, play HD video files, view high-resolution images, open documents such as PDF, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint presentations, or launch executable files such as games or applications during PC-DVD playback.
DVDit Pro 6 is currently being showcased at the Wedding & Event Video Association (WEVA) Expo 2005 (booth #225), being held in Las Vegas, Nevada, August 8-11.
DVDit Pro 6 Feature Highlights:
- New Professional User Interface - Features a flexible workspace that is completely customizable to the creative needs of the individual. Users can employ one of a number of predefined workspace layouts designed for focusing on a specific authoring task, create and save their own layout, or spread out their work area using dual-monitor configurations.
- Comprehensive File Support - Users can import movies and pictures in virtually any format, from AVI to MPEG, from QuickTime to Windows Media Video. DVDit Pro also ensures top-quality video and audio reproduction with support for superior real-time MPEG-2 encoding with VBR control and multi-channel Dolby Digital theatre-quality sound.
- Multiple Audio and Subtitle Track Support - Now users can create as many as eight additional audio tracks and 32 subtitle tracks per movie using DVDit Pro's integrated movie timeline. The timeline enables professionals to easily produce compliant multi-region DVD titles and enthusiasts to add commentary tracks or captions.
- Menu Customization Control - Visually captivating DVDs can be achieved quickly with DVDit Pro's inclusion of professionally designed menu templates. Users are also free to customize the visual design of menus by importing layered Photoshop files, or by combining personal photos or video files with individual graphic elements such as buttons, frames and masks.
- Control DVD Behaviors - DVDs with Hollywood-style navigation are easily created through a rich array of technical controls such as the setting of "first play," title playback sequence and "end actions," or by programming sophisticated playback options that are enacted via buttons on the viewer's remote control. DVDit Pro provides extremely versatile and easy to use "routing controls" which set different "next actions" based on particular navigation sequences.
- New Slideshow Creation Controls - Users can create multimedia presentations with the rich slideshow capabilities included in DVDit Pro 6. Users are able to quickly import any popular image file format and build slideshows with dramatic transitions and as many as 999 pictures. Users can also automatically synchronize their slideshow duration to the length of an accompanying multi-song audio track.
- Sophisticated Playlist Control - Playlists allow users to create specialized content playback experiences without duplicating content on the disc. Users can generate a "play all" function or offer viewers unique categorized content playback while at the same time preserving disc space.
- Flexible Open DVD Support - Support for OpenDVD allows users the flexibility of opening and editing a completed disc at a later time, which makes it easy to make changes to discs without tracking down the original assets.
- Professional Mastering - DVDit Pro 6 includes the controls and specialized functions professionals demand including DLT and Dual-layer disc support, disc protection schemes, and region coding.
DVDit Pro 6 is available today at (http://www.sonic.com/go/dvdit) and will be available at select resellers and via catalogs later this month for a suggest retail price of $399. A standard version of DVDit is also available for a suggested retail price of $299. Special upgrade pricing is available for current registered owners of previous versions of DVDit and eDVD .