"Ridata EZdrives are a great consumer value. The competitively priced, award winning, and now premium certified drives are the ideal solution for on the go data storage," stated Harvey Liu, Advanced Media president. "We are pleased to expand our offering of Windows Vista ReadyBoost certified removable storage products."
ReadyBoost is simple to use. When a ReadyBoost enabled USB drive is inserted into a Vista enabled computer port, Vista checks to see if it's fast enough to work with ReadyBoost. Then the user decides if they want to use the device to speed up system performance. Users can also choose to use part of a USB drive's memory to speed up performance and the remainder for file storage.
All Ridata EZdrives offer true plug-and-play convenience. Each is compliant with USB 2.0 with a full-speed transfer rate of up to 480Mbps. All are backwards compatible with USB 1.1. No external power or battery is needed, since a USB port on any compatible desktop or laptop computer powers all. A power-saving mode reduces power consumption.
Descriptions of Windows Vista ReadyBoost Premium Certified Ridata EZ Drives
- Yego Drive – The award-winning, partitionable, USB drive features a cleverly designed, two-port hub that expands a laptop or computer's USB ports. This feature permits virtually limitless multiple USB connections, allowing users to plug in more mobile devices. It also has an advanced partition and security function for users to create password-protected sectors for the storage of confidential material. The Yego drive is available in 1GB to 4GB capacities. The ReadyBoost version of the Yego drive is coming soon to the U.S. market.
- Twister - Elegantly designed with a glossy cover, the Ridata Mini Spin USB Flash Drive rotates 360 degrees, solving the problem of lost caps. Advanced partition and security function are included to create password-protected sectors for the storage of highly confidential material. Available in lipstick red or jet-black colors. The drive is available in 1GB to 8GB capacities.
- Slider - With a retractable USB plug – meaning there is no cap to misplace – it is the perfect device for individuals who have a knack for losing things. Its metallic housing is available in a variety of cool color combinations. Advanced partition and security functions are included for users to create password-protected sectors for private data. The drive is available in 1GB to 8GB capacities.
- Junior – Winner of the Taiwan Good Design product award. The boy on one side and girl on the other design lights up when in use. The advanced partition and security function makes it possible for users to create password-protected sectors for private data storage. Available in 1GB to 4GB storage capacities with a two-year warranty.
- Shark - Sleek and translucent, the Shark drive is very lightweight and is available in a variety of storage capacities up to 8GB. The drive is USB 2.0 compliant and has an LED to indicate usage status. An advanced partition and security function allows users to create password-protected sectors for private data storage. Shark supports current versions of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.