"We are introducing the PCIe version of Axio LE as part of our commitment to continually evolve our realtime editing platforms to take advantage of new technologies that can lower cost and increase performance for our customers," said Pierre-Martin Dion, Matrox Axio product manager. "The PCIe version of Axio LE expands users’ system choices to include many lower cost workstations including the HP xw4600."
Matrox Axio LE provides a complete post-production solution that lets users get the best from Adobe CS3 Production Premium. The Axio platforms are designed to provide the most comprehensive realtime feature set, the highest quality native codec technology, and complete file-based workflows – totally integrated with the Adobe software.
Key features of Matrox Axio LE
- Full-resolution, mixed-format, multi-layer realtime editing of HD and SD video, graphics, and effects
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects such as color correction, speed changes, and chroma/luma keying
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects such as 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, and shine
- Native MXF file support for Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM, and Sony XDCAM HD in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD – uncompressed, MPEG-2 I-frame, DVCPRO HD, MPEG HD, HDV 1080i, HDV1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), IMX, DVCPRO50, DV, DVCPRO, DVCAM
- Realtime playback of 32-bit compressed and uncompressed AVI with alpha
- 24 fps editing in HD and SD with pull down, reverse pull down, and Panasonic VariCam support
- Realtime high-quality downscaling from HD to SD
- Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player
- Matrox EZ-MXF utility for native MXF file support in Video for Windows (AVI) applications
- DV-1394, composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component, and HD/SD SDI, and professional audio input and output
Price and availability
Priced at $3,995 US in North America (£2,195, €3,349) excluding local taxes, the PCIe version of Matrox Axio LE is now available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.