Delivers Fastest Data Backup/Protection
The new Guardian MAXimus 300GB 10,000RPM offers users of all levels and operating systems the fastest, most reliable method to back-up and store critical data with Plug & Play ease. Always guarding against data loss and costly system downtime, Guardian MAXimus writes the same information in real-time "live activity" to two 300GB 10,000RPM drives for a "mirrored" copy. The Guardian MAXimus 300GB 10,000RPM utilizes the Western Digital VelociRaptor™, the fastest SATA drive on the market, with data transfer rates up to 100MB/s, OS X "Leopard™" Time Machine readiness, and a "Triple Interface" of two FireWire 800, one FireWire 400, and one USB 2.0 ports to provide the performance, flexibility, and reliability required for demanding audio/video, photo-editing, and 3D rendering applications.
Exceeds Enterprise-Class Quality with Highest Reliability Rating
With its two mirrored 300GB drives, each offering up to 1.4 million hours MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), the Guardian MAXimus exceeds enterprise-class standards with the highest reliability rating found in high capacity SATA drives. Additionally, the 300GB 10,000RPM model is covered by a two year warranty on the complete solution and an additional 3 year warranty on each drive.
Plug & Play Simplicity
Guardian MAXimus provides the security of a highly reliable RAID 1 hardware-based storage solution at a low price. And unlike high-priced, hard to configure RAID 1 corporate storage common in high-end servers, Guardian MAXimus is FireWire/USB Plug & Play easy, so no controller cards, software configuration, or driver downloading is required. Guardian MAXimus can access data via any of its supported interfaces or move between different computers utilizing those interfaces with complete interoperability.
Guardian MAXimus 300GB 10,000RPM Features:
Complete Guardian MAXimus line Pricing:
- 300GB, 10,000RPM Dual-Drive Solution.
- 32MB of drive cache (16MB per drive).
- Custom Oxford 924 Based Bridge Solution.
- 2 FireWire 800 9 pin ports.
- 1 FireWire 400 6 pin port.
- 1 USB 2.0 "B" port - backwards compatible with USB 1.1.
- Front panel drive status LEDs.
- Quiet operation.
- RoHS certified.
- 9.3" x 2.8" x 5.6" size, shock-resistant for maximum portability.
- US/International 90~240V 4.2A UL-listed power supply.
- FireWire 800, FireWire 400, and USB 2.0/1.1 double shielded connecting cables included.
- Compatible with Apple OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, OS X 10.1.x and later (10.2 or later required for FW800 and USB 2.0), and Windows ME and later operating systems.
- Includes ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP®, and Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™ software (a $200 retail value).
- 250GB Mirror (250 + 250) 7200RPM w/32MB total buffer $259.99
- 320GB Mirror (320 + 320) 7200RPM w/32MB total buffer $289.99
- 400GB Mirror (400 + 400) 7200RPM w/32MB total buffer $329.99
- 500GB Mirror (500 + 500) 7200RPM w/32MB total buffer $379.99
- 750GB Mirror (750 + 750) 7200RPM w/64MB total buffer $439.99
- 1.0TB "eMax" Mirror (1.0TB + 1.0TB) 5400RPM w/64MB total buffer $549.99
- 1.0TB Mirror (1.0TB + 1.0TB) 7200RPM w/64MB total buffer $639.99
- 300GB Mirror (300 + 300) 10,000RPM w/32MB total buffer $899.99
Guardian MAXimus 300GB 10,000RPM is available immediately, priced at $899.99 MSRP from NewerTech’s exclusive distributor, Other World Computing, as well as through the retail channel. For more information, see http://www.newertech.com/products/gmax.php.