"NewTek TriCaster TCXD300 represents a breakthrough in portable live production, allowing users to more successfully engage audiences, deliver messages and events, build brands and create new revenue streams. Customers can now produce network-quality HD or SD output, access unprecedented effects and layering capabilities, and take advantage of the most powerful virtual set technology available," said Andrew Cross, executive vice president, engineering, NewTek. "As the newest member of our TriCaster product line, this system combines industry-leading performance and ease-of-use to suit the diverse goals of producers ranging from beginners to seasoned professionals."
Specific benefits of TriCaster TCXD300 include:
* End-to-end HD 1080i video pipeline, including effects, keying and virtual sets
* Mix source resolutions and aspect ratios (including HD and SD video)
* Use virtual cameras to smoothly zoom and pan within live virtual sets without adjusting your cameras
* Layer up to five live video or computer generated sources (internal or supplied by a network)
* Achieve a network-quality live production with graphics, titles and animated overlays on top of your live video. Lock a title or bug to a camera or virtual input and set the in and out motion for each
* Flexible pre-production lets you edit HD and SD video on the same timeline in real-time with the integrated, resolution-independent video editor
* Stream your full HD production directly to the Web in your choice of profile, including superior quality 720p, the highest streaming resolution in the industry, with simultaneous archiving for later viewing
* Display cameras, clips and iVGATM unlimited networked computer inputs with the on-screen ISO monitor for all switcher inputs (internal and external)
* Record your live production in full HD 1080i resolution by pressing one button
* Enlarge your workspace with enhanced secondary video output for projector or second monitor (up to 1920 x 1200), which offers varied displays including Program, Preview, Effects, all ISO sources, color scopes and much more
"NewTek Tricaster continues to play a major role in MTV's online original production process," said Jeff Jacobs, vice president, production planning and strategies, MTV. "We find that TriCaster is a most effective tool for producing quality content with the option of streaming live. We have used various Tricaster models to produce talk shows, after-shows, music sets and live press conferences both on TV and online. After initial work with the TriCaster TCXD300, it is clear that this new HD portable live production system is equipped with the features that will help MTV discover new efficiencies while reaching new creative heights."
With TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast and project HD or SD network-style productions. A single operator or small team can create sophisticated productions while switching between three cameras, five virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while automatically inserting clips, titles and motions graphics with multi-channel effects. TriCaster is used by sports organizations, broadcasters, schools, government agencies and others to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audiences.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster TCXD300 is available in North America for US$14,995 and in multi-standard internationally for US$17,995. The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available in North America starting at US$3,995. The TriCaster family of products is available in multi-standard internationally beginning at US$5,995. Educational pricing is also available. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441, international callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
About NewTek Inc.
Benefiting producers and artists with its cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek Inc. is a leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCasterTM product line, 3PLAYTM and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: Fox News, BBC, NHL, NBA Development League, MTV, Nickelodeon, the Steve Harvey Radio Show, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, ESPN X Games, Fox Sports, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in blockbuster films and television shows, including "Avatar," "V," "Angels and Demons," "Battle for Terra," "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man," "Tropic Thunder," "FlashForward," "Lost," "Fringe" and more.