The report found that online video has and will continue to have a prominent place in the marketing arsenal. Specific findings include:
* Online video is the top marketing priority for 2010, edging out both email and search marketing
* Companies are experimenting across a wide range of video marketing: 57% have created branded video; 40% have used video for product or service demos, and 37% for customer or employee testimonials
* Branded content is the preferred online video type with the highest use among all video formats, the highest overall satisfaction levels and the highest likelihood of future use
* The top reasons for video include: branding (60%), exposure on sites like YouTube (54.7%), and viral content (48%)
* Professionally produced content was overwhelmingly favored over user generated
* 83.5% of respondents are already using online video in their marketing efforts in one form or another
* 90.7% of respondents are likely or highly likely to use online video in their marketing efforts in the next 12 months
"This survey clearly demonstrates that businesses of all sizes consider online video to be an integral part of their marketing mix," said Bud Rosenthal, CEO of TurnHere. "Online video is the number one priority among all online marketing tools for 2010, and that finding directly ties into the high satisfaction levels for video implementation and its return on investment (ROI)."
The survey, which was conducted throughout Q3 2009, included 116 respondents from Fortune 500 and regional brands, as well as digital, PR and traditional agencies. Surveyed companies had annual marketing budgets ranging from $100,000 to $5 million.
About TurnHere, Inc.
TurnHere, Inc. is a leading online video marketing services company that provides broadcast-quality online video content and Web distribution for companies in a wide range of industries including media, publishing, travel, local and real estate. The company leverages its growing network of more than 8,000 professional filmmakers across more than 70 countries to create affordable Internet videos that deliver emotionally engaging and authentic content to the right audiences. With deep backgrounds in media and video production, TurnHere works with customers on creative treatments and strategy to help produce effective video solutions for driving viewer action. Founded in 2005, the company is privately held with headquarters in Emeryville, California.