The P221W display can be seen at the Photo Plus Expo (Booth No. 263) through today in New York. "Built upon the success of the 90 Series displays, the new MultiSync P Series has features specifically designed for the professional graphics user," said Stan Swiderski, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions.
Featuring hardware color calibration using the optional NEC Spectraview kit, the P221W delivers accurate color in a simple to use and affordable package. The kit includes an optimized calibration sensor based on the highly acclaimed X-Rite iOne Display v2.
A partial list of features of the MultiSync P221W includes the following:
The P221W features a 3-year limited warranty and will be available for December 2008 shipment with an estimated street price of $636.90.
- 1680 x 1050 native resolution
- Wide color gamut achieves 96 percent coverage of AdobeRGB
- Internal 10-bit programmable lookup tables (LUTs)
- S-PVA LCD technology, which provides for the widest viewing angles available with minimal off-angle color shift
- AmbiBright automatic brightness adjustment
- 1000:1 typical contrast ratio
- 16ms response time
- 300 cd/m² typical brightness
- XtraView+ 178° (88°/88°/88°/88°) viewing angle
- ECO Mode and carbon footprint reduction
- Analog and digital input signal
- Four-way ergonomic stand (tilt/swivel/pivot/height-adjust)
- Optional Soundbar 90
The SpectraView color calibration kit will be available in December 2008 with a customized sensor and software for wide gamut LCD displays with an estimated street price of $374.99.