Featuring an intuitive and easy-to-learn NLE interface, Media 100 sw is a companion to existing Media 100 systems. While Media 100 sw currently does not capture or output to tape without the HDX video I/O board, all other functionality of Media 100 HD is included. Media 100 sw allows existing Media 100 users to add an affordable software-only NLE to their current workflow.
Media 100 sw can seamlessly interchange projects, programs and media with Media 100 HD and all media from Media 100i. All existing import and export workflows, including sending to third-party compressors for MPEG2 for DVD or MPEG4 for web, continue to work as they do with the current shipping Media 100 HD product. A future standalone version will add support for Firewire capture and output from a range of DV and HDV decks and be available as an upgrade to the companion version. Version 1.0 Key Features Include:
- Edit SD and HD material using the familiar Media 100 interface.
- Full media and graphics import/export capabilities as well as full support for all Media 100 codecs.
- Real-time effects and accelerated rendering (depending on processor and drive speeds).
- Fully integrated Boris Graffiti vector-based titling solution is included. Seamless interchange of media, bins and programs to and from Media 100 HD.
- Supports media from Media 100i systems.
A comprehensive tutorial helps users to create a Media 100 sw program. Easy-to-use licensing includes Electronic Software Download (ESD) and a 14-day trial version.
Media 100 sw will be shown at the NAB Post+ Production Show, along with Boris FX's integrated solutions. The exhibition takes place November 15-17 at the Javits Convention Center in New York, New York. Users who visit Boris FX at booth 204 are eligible to win a copy of Boris Continuum Complete or Final Effects Complete AVX for Avid Xpress systems.
Preorders of Media 100 sw are available through the BorisFX worldwide reseller channel or direct through BorisFX for $395 US SRP. The product is expected to ship on November 15. The version of Media 100 sw that adds FireWire support will sell for $649 US SRP when it becomes available. Version 1.0 users will be able to upgrade to this version for $245 US SRP.