"Users won't settle for HDMI and analog I/O cards with messy cables once they see this sleek little device for Mac and PC," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. "It provides all the same features in a professional breakout box, with the added advantage of portability. It can be used in studio or on the road, with laptops and desktops."
Key features of Matrox MXO2 Mini
- Works with Mac and PC, laptops and desktops
- Small, lightweight, external box that's easily connected to cameras and monitors
- Capture high definition video via HDMI or analog component; NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, or composite
- Playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; NTSC and PAL via HDMI and analog component or HDMI and S-Video and composite
- Output HD and SD video simultaneously
- Turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color calibration tools including blue-only
- High-quality 10-bit hardware scaling engine for realtime upscaling, downscaling, and cross conversion on capture and playback
- Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio input and output
- 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output
- Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format
- Works with leading applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and many more
- Also available with Matrox MAXTM technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
Matrox MXO2 Mini, priced at $449 US (£338, €382) not including local taxes, is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Each MXO2 Mini comes with the customer's choice of either an ExpressCard /34 laptop adapter or a PCIe desktop adapter. Additional adapters may be purchased separately at $99 US (£69, €83) each.
A version of Matrox MXO2 Mini with Matrox MAX technology for faster than realtime high definition H.264 file creation will be available in June for the Mac and July for the PC. Matrox MXO2 Mini with the MAX option will be priced at $849 US (£644, €758).
About Matrox MAX
Matrox MAX is a unique technology that implements faster than realtime H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished with amazing speed and system resources are liberated for other tasks. Quality and flexibility are ensured through direct integration with professional applications such as Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC. As an added benefit, the Matrox MAX technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.