"CineForm users appreciate the high visual fidelity and realtime editing capability NeoScene brings to their AVCHD workflow but until now, they have not been able to enjoy full-screen previews of their work," said Francesco Scartozzi, Matrox sales director. "Matrox MXO2 Mini provides an affordable, high-quality, video output solution that greatly improves the AVCHD editing experience."
"The AVCHD camera format is designed for recording, not editing, but now with a few simple steps editors can benefit from professional realtime editing performance," said David Taylor, CineForm co-founder and CEO. With NeoScene, users can easily convert difficult-to-edit AVCHD files into CineForm's professional 10-bit Wavelet compression format for faster editing performance, plus conversion to 24p (24 progressive frames) for users who desire a cinematic presentation. We're excited about our collaboration with Matrox because of the enhanced editing experience that results; users can now drop their CineForm content on a CS4 timeline using a Matrox project preset and enjoy realtime playout through MXO2 to their preferred monitor or television.
Key features of Matrox MXO2 Mini
- Works with Mac and PC, laptops and desktops
- Small, lightweight, external box that's easily connected to cameras and monitors
- Capture high definition video via HDMI or analog component; NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, or composite
- Playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; NTSC and PAL via HDMI and analog component or HDMI and S-Video and composite
- Output HD and SD video simultaneously
- Turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color calibration tools including blue-only
- High-quality 10-bit hardware scaling engine for realtime upscaling, downscaling, and cross conversion on capture and playback
- Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio input and output
- 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output
- Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format
- Works with leading applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and many more
- Also available with Matrox MAXTM technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
NeoScene is available from www.cineform.com for $129, or can be purchased through CineForm's network of resellers and distributors. NeoScene is also available as a fully-functional trial download from CineForm's website.
Matrox MXO2 Mini, priced at $449 US (£338, €382) not including local taxes, is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Each MXO2 Mini comes with the customer's choice of either an ExpressCard /34 laptop adapter or a PCIe desktop adapter. Additional adapters may be purchased separately at $99 US (£69, €83) each.
About CineForm Inc.
CineForm Inc. develops compression-based workflow solutions for the post production marketplace. Offering the industry's highest fidelity compression technology, CineForm is trusted among Hollywood filmmakers, television producers, videographers and digital media artists who rely on high image quality, high performance and innovative compression-based workflow solutions with up to 4k spatial resolutions for their online content creation projects. Available on both Windows and Mac platforms, CineForm workflow solutions are optimized for direct-to-disk camera recording, high-resolution post production and long-term content archives. For more information, visit www.cineform.com.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for H.264 encoding acceleration, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.