“The exciting new features of Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium combined with the realtime editing capabilities of the Matrox platforms give video production professionals all the tools they need to produce top-quality HD productions – affordably, in real time, with complete flexibility - then easily deliver to tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, and the web,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior director of sales and marketing. “Now with Windows 64-bit support, the Matrox platforms are more powerful and robust than ever before.”
Matrox offers a full range of realtime editing engines that extend the capabilities of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and Adobe CS4 Production Premium.
The Matrox RT.X2 platforms are designed for corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities, and digital filmmakers. They provide maximum real-time productivity for DV projects and offer the flexibility for users to move to HDV, P2HD, and XDCAM EX at any time. The RT.X2 platforms complement the Adobe solutions by providing:
- Full resolution, full frame rate realtime editing of more layers with broadcast-quality effects such as color correction, chroma/luma keying, speed changes, 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, etc.
- Realtime mixed-format timelines and multicam
- Composite, Y/C, and HD/SD analog component input and output with realtime high-quality downscaling from HD to SD
- Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
- WYSIWYG video output support for Adobe Encore, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Bridge, and Adobe Photoshop
Matrox Axio LE is designed for high-performance HD and SD editing in demanding broadcast and post-production facilities. It provides added benefits over RT.X2 including:
- Realtime editing of uncompressed 8- and 10-bit video
- Realtime native editing of Sony XDCAM, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD422
- Native support for additional codecs including DVCPRO HD, MPEG HD, MPEG HD422, offline HD, MPEG-2 I-frame in HD and SD, IMX, DVCPRO, and DVCPRO50
- HD/SD SDI input/output and simultaneous HD and SD output
Availability of the Matrox RT.X2 and Axio 4.0 software
The Matrox RT.X2 4.0 release will be available for download from the Matrox website free of charge on December 22, 2008. The Matrox Axio 4.0 release will be available in February 2009. Current RT.X2 and Axio customers must obtain an upgrade to the new Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 version 4.0.1 software from Adobe in order to use the Matrox 4.0 releases.