"This bundle puts unprecedented editing power into the hands of corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities, and digital filmmakers at an affordable price," said Pierre-Martin Dion, Matrox RT.X2 product manager. "The RT.X2 hardware combined with the Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 software gives users all the tools they need to produce top-quality SD and HD productions - creatively, efficiently, and faster than ever - then easily deliver to tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, the web, and mobile devices."
Key features of Matrox RT.X2
Matrox RT.X2 extends the capabilities of the Adobe CS4 software with many important benefits:
- Full resolution, full frame rate realtime editing of more layers with broadcast-quality effects such as color correction, chroma/luma keying, speed changes, 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, etc.
- Realtime mixed-format timelines and multicam
- Composite, Y/C, and HD/SD analog component input and output with realtime high-quality downscaling from HD to SD
- Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
- WYSIWYG video output support for Adobe Encore, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop
Price and availability
The Matrox RT.X2 LE and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 bundle is priced at $1,595 US (€1,349, £1,099) plus applicable local taxes. The Matrox RT.X2 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 bundle is priced at $1,795 US (€1,575, £1,249) plus applicable local taxes. The bundles are available from Matrox-authorized dealers worldwide. Current Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Production Premium or Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 owners can purchase RT.X2 LE hardware-only at $1,095 US (€925, £760) and RT.X2 hardware-only at $1,295 US (€1099, £895) plus applicable local taxes.