Key features of Matrox RT.X2 include the following:
- Realtime multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects - color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects - 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
- Native HDV and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
- Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
- Realtime mixing of HD codecs and SD codecs on any timeline
- Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
- Realtime high-quality hardware downscaling for SD output from an HD timeline
- Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, and NewTek LightWave 3D with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
- Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
- Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
- Includes Adobe Premiere Pro
Priced at $1,995 US in North America including Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, Matrox RT.X2 will be available in May 2006 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. A special limited-time in-box coupon offer entitles the purchaser to a substantial discount on an upgrade to Adobe Production Studio. For a limited time, owners of Matrox RT.X100 can upgrade to RT.X2 at a special price.
Details regarding all promotional offers can be found on the Matrox Web site. System selection guidelines and lists of validated computers, motherboards, and GPUs will be posted in the support section of the Matrox Web site. Complete RT.X2-based turnkey systems are also available from Matrox RT.X2 authorized dealers.