According to Alex Dolgin, the charger's designer, the TC400 incorporates a host of key features including the following:
- Fast, safe simultaneous charging of any common 7.2V (Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Canon) packs
- Digital LCD display accurately indicates the battery pack charge in progress status and true capacity upon charge completion
- Each of the four channels is fully independent of the others
- Built-in Battery Test/Discharge Module cycles the battery pack, reports true pack capacity as tested
- DC output for camera operation from AC mains or 12V DC power source
- Sleek, small lightweight package
Featuring highly efficient smart charging circuit, it takes only about 3.5 hours to charge a typical high-capacity battery pack. The pack can be left on the charger after the charge is complete. The charger's design is based on modern "Gas Gauge" technology. This determines battery capacity by monitoring the amount of charge input or removed from a rechargeable battery. The multifunction LCD display with backlight shows charge in progress data: voltage, estimated percent of readiness, and actual amount of charge in mAh input to the battery after battery insertion.
Thanks to modular design and software-based functionality, the charger provides ultimate flexibility for various video applications. Several expansion options are available, including the following:
- Test/discharge circuit for complete battery characterization
- Camera power 7.2V
- 12V DC power for mobile use, using automobile cigarette lighter cord for connection to the power source
For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.dolgin.net.