The software also includes several tools for simplifying common tasks such as installing and managing plugins, locating corrupt media in a Final Cut Pro timeline, analyzing crash logs, streamlining applications to remove unused architectures and languages, and much more.
The applications in the suite include:
- Autosave Cleaner - Expanding on the basic autosave management in Final Cut Pro, Autosave Cleaner offers more flexibility and can remove autosaves based on additional criteria including age and file size. It can also be set to automatically remove autosaves from the Trash so that you don't have to keep emptying it when working on a long project.
- Compressor Repair - Finds and repairs problems that could be preventing Compressor from working correctly.
- Content Manager - A tool to manage the content that ships with Final Cut Studio. You can repair broken content links and remove or move content quickly and easily.
- Corrupt Clip Finder - When you have corrupt media on your timeline, Final Cut Pro will simply crash and you will not have any idea which clip is causing the issue. You face the long and arduous process of reconnecting each clip one-by-one in order to find the problematic one. Corrupt Clip Finder finds the corrupt clip for you in seconds.
- Crash Analyzer - All of us have at some point received cryptic or confusing error messages and crash logs. Crash Analyzer analyzes your Final Cut Pro logs, attempts to diagnose the cause of the crash and suggests ways to solve the problem.
- FCS Housekeeper - Trashes various caches and temporary files to keep Final Cut Studio in peak operating condition. FCS Housekeeper is even more useful when used in conjunction with Task Scheduler to run these tasks automatically.
- FCS Remover - Uninstall all Final Cut Studio components with the press of a button. Can remove the entire suite or individual applications.
- File Salvage - Salvages video frames from corrupt movie clips. Currently compatible with DV, DVCPRO50 and Motion JPEG media. The input file need not even be a QuickTime container - it can extract data from any type of file, even if it is not a movie clip.
- Plugin Manager - Plugin Manager allows you to quickly and easily organize your Final Cut Pro and Motion plugins. You can group them together, install new plugins and selectively enable and disable them - all without having to worry about where the plugins are physically located on disk. Also includes a crash tester for discovering which plugins are causing Final Cut Pro to crash upon startup.
- Project Repair - Attempts to repair non-launching projects so that they are recognized by Final Cut Pro again. Can fix the infamous "Project is unreadable or too new for this version of Final Cut Pro" error.
- Preference Manager - Trash, lock, backup and restore Final Cut Studio preference files. Can also be configured to restore a particular set of preferences before a certain project is launched for per-project preferences.
- System Toolkit - A wealth of options to tweak and tune up your system, including:
Extra launch and display options for Final Cut Studio applications
- Manage Final Cut Studio registration
- Manage QuickTime components
- Scan, repair, refresh files and remove temp files from disks
- Adjust system and per-application scaling
- Streamline your applications by removing unused languages and architectures
- Unlock hidden options in OS X
FCS Maintenance Pack is available for a mere $99 and a fully-functional 15 day trial is available to give users a complete taste of the software's capabilities. FCS Maintenance Pack is an essential troubleshooting and maintenance tool that every post production professional should have in their toolkit.
More details about FCS Maintenance Pack are available at http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_maintenance.htm.
About Digital Rebellion
Digital Rebellion LLC is a post production company based in Burbank, California. The cutting-edge nature of its work requires heavy development of custom in-house software, and the company has chosen to release portions of this work to the outside world.
Previously-released products include FCS Remover, to aid in reinstalling a faulty installation of Final Cut Studio; Compressor Repair, for repairing the link between Apple Compressor and Qmaster; and Preference Manager, for managing user preferences. Past creative productions include the multi-award-winning feature film "Perfect Sport".
More information is available at http://www.digitalrebellion.com.