While terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, the deal further expands Avid's position as a leading provider of high-performance storage solutions for content creators in film, video, audio, broadcast, and animation.
The Avid VideoRAID product line leverages the combined bandwidth of multiple drives - with capacity of either 250GB or 500GB per drive - in storage arrays that provide real-time access to SD and HD media assets. The VideoRAID RTR320 and RTR320X systems are built around five-drive and 10-drive storage arrays, respectively, with one of every five drives functioning as a parity drive to deliver extremely robust data protection without interrupting performance during drive rebuilds.
The line, which comes in a range of configurations at low-cost price points, is qualified on the following Avid editing systems: Avid Liquid Chrome HD; Avid Liquid Pro; Avid Xpress Pro; Avid Xpress Studio; NewsCutter XP (with or without Avid Mojo); Media Composer Adrenaline and Media Composer Adrenaline HD; NewsCutter Adrenaline; Avid DS Nitris; and Avid Symphony Nitris.
Specific features of the VideoRAID RTR320 and RTR320X systems include:
- Guaranteed real-time performance and availability (even during drive rebuild)
- Scalable storage capacity ranging from 1.25TB to 5TB
- An Ultra320 LVD SCSI, 68-pin VHDCI connection (dual channel for RTR320X)
- Single or dual Ultra320 SCSI RAID controller(s)
- Single or dual 250-watt power supply module(s)
- Hot swappable drive modules
- Support for up to four RTR320 or two RTR320X units for a maximum 10TB of raw storage per Avid-qualified workstation.
The following chart includes pricing for the new Avid VideoRAID systems. All prices are USMSRP and based on specific configurations that range in drive capacity (250 GB or 500 GB) and storage array size (5 or 10 drives): Avid VideoRAID Avid VideoRAID Configuration RTR320 RTR320X -
- 1.25 TB total storage (5-250 GB drives) $3,929 $4,839
- 2.5 TB total storage (5-500 GB drives) $6,669 $7,559
- 2.5 TB total storage (10-250 GB drives) -- $7,999
- 5 TB total storage (10-500 GB drives) -- $13,499
Avid is currently accepting orders for the new Avid VideoRAID systems. The new products can be ordered through either the Avid or Medea worldwide reseller channels, or through Avid directly. For complete information about Avid VideoRAID storage products, please visit www.avid.com/videoRAID. Avid will continue to offer its existing local storage solutions, including its Avid MediaDock and Avid MediaDrive systems - as well as all other Medea storage products - through both Avid's and Medea's worldwide reseller channels. For more information about Medea's RAID product line, visit www.medea.com.