Focused on the latest wave of mobile devices, this release of Creative Suite gives web designers and developers a complete software solution that allows them to produce stunning HTML5 content in the browser and deliver high-impact mobile applications through sweeping advances in Flash tooling.
· Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium Suite is packed with innovations in HTML5 and Flash authoring tools, empowering customers to create, deliver and monetize rich content and applications for virtually any screen. Designers and developers can create rich browser-based content across screens using HTML5. Adobe Flash® Professional CS5.5, Flash BuilderTM 4.5 Premium and the Flex® 4.5 framework allow users to quickly and easily develop, test and deploy high-performance mobile applications for Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS and Apple iOS.
Creative Suite 5.5 Kick-starts New Era in Digital Publishing
Over the last year Adobe and leading publishers, including Condé Nast and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, have worked to develop new digital publishing workflows based on Creative Suite and Adobe InDesign®. Creative Suite 5.5 will enable print publishers to create beautiful interactive publications on the latest tablet platforms.
· Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Suite builds upon Adobe's product innovations in publishing already deployed by some of the world's leading newspaper, magazine and business publishers to create print and stunning digital versions of their properties for the latest tablet devices. Using Adobe InDesign CS5.5, in combination with the integrated Folio Producer toolset, designers can add new levels of interactivity to their page layouts targeted at tablet devices. Adobe today also announced the immediate availability of the Professional Edition of Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite, a turnkey solution that includes hosted services and viewer technology that allow publishers to cost-efficiently publish content to Android tablets, BlackBerry PlayBook and Apple iPad (see separate release).
In addition to advances in mobile authoring and digital publishing, Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium Suite delivers video and audio professionals breakthrough performance, workflow improvements, creative innovations and powerful new audio editing capabilities that build upon the huge customer momentum Production Premium is experiencing with broadcasters, filmmakers and video professionals worldwide.
Introducing the Complete Creative Suite 5.5 Product Family
The new Creative Suite product lineup is headlined by Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection, which includes, in a single package, all of Adobe's industry-defining creative tools, such as Photoshop®, Illustrator®, InDesign, Acrobat®, Flash Builder Premium, Flash Catalyst®, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver®, Adobe Premiere® Pro and After Effects®. These products are available separately or as components of one or more of the five Creative Suite editions. The complete Creative Suite 5 lineup includes Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection, Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium, Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium, Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium and Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard.
David Wadhwani, senior vice president and general manager, Creative and Interactive Solutions, Adobe
· "Adobe is leading the charge for HTML5 authoring with new capabilities in Creative Suite 5.5 that will radically enhance the delivery of HTML content across multiple browsers -- on the desktop, tablets and smartphones. For creators of mobile apps on iOS, Android or BlackBerry Tablet OS, our latest Flash tools deliver stunning high-performance apps, without having to start from scratch for every device."
Jesse Redniss, vice president, Digital, NBC Universal/USA Network
· "USA Network offers viewers more than passive television programming, we offer multiscreen experiences that engage viewers on TV, online, and on mobile devices. Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium helps us quickly and easily create fun gaming apps and second-screen app experiences for Android and iOS devices that give fans more opportunities to engage with USA Network and the characters and programs they love."
Eric Snowden, vice president of Creative & Technology, Atlantic Records
· "For Atlantic Records, having a presence that fans can experience across multiple devices is key to our digital strategy. We're thrilled by the new capabilities we're getting in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and the ability to bring our artists to the widest possible audience."