Ki Pro Mini offers a small form factor, support for SDI & HDMI cameras and key features including:
· 10-bit full-raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats (including HQ, LT and Proxy)
· Recording of SD/HD files from digital video cameras to Compact Flash (CF) cards
· Mac OS X friendly media and native QuickTime files--no log-and-capture required
· Professional video connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
· 2 channels of balanced XLR audio with switch selectable line/mic levels
· 8 channels of embedded digital audio over SDI and HDMI
· Flexible control options including familiar front panel and web browser interfaces
· Optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plates that attach to hot shoes, battery plates and virtually any other accessory bracket
· Aircraft-grade aluminum construction that delivers light weight and maximum ruggedness
Ki Pro Mini supports a streamlined Apple file-based production-to-post workflow, recording native Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files onto CF cards, which are formatted as HFS+ volumes that are instantly connected to a Mac computer via off-the-shelf CF card readers.
"Anywhere a camera can go, Ki Pro Mini can follow," said AJA President Nick Rashby. "It's smaller than some battery packs and mounts to virtually everything. We designed Ki Pro Mini for any sized production that needs seamless 10-bit file-based acquisition-- it's about extreme portability and going from lens to post in a flash."
Ki Pro Mini is planned for availability in October and US MSRP is $1995. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit http://www.aja.com.